Your Zenfone 5 has not received the official update of newer Android versions from Asus anymore. That’s pity for Asus Zenfone 5 users, but that does not mean you cannot update your device to the latest Android version. There are still third party custom ROMs that help your wish become true. Although it is in the first build and the media is not working, you can use it smoothly for daily use with full features of Android 8.0. So, if you own a Zenfone 5 and want to update your device to the latest Android version, a custom Android 8.0 ROM is now handy for you. In this tutorial, we’ll show you full step by step guide to flash this custom Android 8.0 ROM on your Asus Zenfone 5.
How to Flash Android 8.0 Nougat on Asus Zenfone 5
Before flashing the custom rom, here are some points you need to pay attention:
- As this is the first build, so you will need to flash this ROM via adb
- Due to a Custom rom, so there are some chances of small bugs.
- Make a full backup of all your data via Google account, Dropbox.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- A computer is required and you should install ADB and fasboot drivers on it
- Charge your smartphone’s battery to at least 50% to avoid unexpected issue
- You need a stable internet connection to download the custom rom
- There are chances of bricking your device while flashing the ROM , so make sure you do everything at your own risk.
Now, are you ready to update Android 7.1.2 for you Zenfone 5?
- First download the img as well as system.img file for Asus Zenfone 5 and then save them into the adb folder.
- Once done, power off your Zenfone 5 and then boot it into the Droidboot by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Up buttons at a same time
- Now, go to ADB folder and press Shift key while right-cling and choose Open Command Window Here
- Once you are in cmd, continuously flash these following command lines:
Enter: fastboot flash erase data
Type in: fastboot flash erase cache
Type: fastboot flash boot boot.img
Enter: fastboot flash system system.img
- Once done, reboot your device
Now wait for 15 minutes so that your device can boot up. That’s all! You have successfully updated your Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo. In case you have any issue, let’s know in the comment below, we’ll find out solutions for you.