Dear all Galaxy Tab A 2016 users! Samsung might seem to stop updating a newer Android version for your Galaxy Tab, which is a pity. You want to update your tablet to a newer version, but after spending hours on Google, you cannot find a cook ROM for your device. So, this post today is written to help you install the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your device. If you like to experience the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your Galaxy Tab A 2016 (T285), then keep reading this post to update the version.
Android 7.1.2 For Galaxy Tab A 2016
- This ROM currently works with LTE SM-T285 model, if you flash it on SM-T280 model, your device might hang the logo.
- Back up all your important data on your tablet
- Charge your tablet’s battery to at least 50% to avoid unexpected issues
Once done, let’s start installing the recovery on your device
Steps To Install TWRP recovery For Galaxy Tab A 2016 (T285 & T280)
- Download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Download and extract Odin v3.12.3 version on your computer
- Now, download the required files, including ROM file, Gapps file, TWRP recovery file from this link: http://123link.pw/NFgm
(Updated: The latest build of Android 7.1.2 Nougat- 17/10/2018: http://123link.pro/KZ97G )
- Now, on your tablet, go to Settings > About Phone > Software Version and tap on Build Number 7 times to activate Developer Option. Once done, return to Settings, tap on it and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Next, power your device off and boot it into Download mode by pressing Power + Vol Down + Home When you see the blue warning screen, simply tap on Vol Up button.
- Launch Odin.exe, click on AP button and browse to the extracted TWRP recovery file. Remember to remove .md5 at the end of the file. The format is .tar
- Move to Options tab and uncheck Auto-reboot section. Next, click on Start to flash the TWRP recovery
- Once done, unplug the cable and press Power + Volume keys combination to reboot your tablet.
- When you see the Galaxy Tab A 2016 logo, quickly press Vol Up + Home button to boot into the