The Android 7.0 Nougat update has been already released for all Galaxy S7 devices. However, rooting Snapdragon Galaxy S7 variants on Android 7 is not easy. If you are using a Snapdragon Samsung Galaxy S7 phone and searching for rooting your device, then you are in the right place. The process is pretty simple and you only follow the steps carefully, you can root your Galaxy S7.
- Galaxy S7 G930T
- Galaxy S7 G930P
- Galaxy S7 G930V
- Galaxy S7 G930A
- Galaxy S7 G930R4
- Prepare a Windows computer for the process
- Back up all of you important data in case something goes wrong
- Go to Settings > About phone > Software and tap on Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options.
- Once done, return to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging options
Now, let’s start rooting your Samsung Galaxy S7.
Also read: Global Android 8.0 ROM For Korean Galaxy S7
How To Root Snapdragon Galaxy S7
- First, download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Download file root of Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0
- Once done, extract the downloaded root file as the image below
- Go to the Kernel folder and launch Odin app
- Switch your phone off and boot it into the Download mode by pressing and holding Power + Home + Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- When you see a blue warning screen, press Volume Up button to go into the Download mode.
- Plug your Galaxy S7 into your computer
- In the Odin screen, click on AP button and browse to the folder containing the Kernel file as the image below. Then click on start to run the file.
- Once you see Pass! Wait for your device to reboot. Now, simply click on bat batch file to start rooting your Snapdragon Galaxy S7.
- Continue to wait for your phone to reboot. If you see the SuperSU app, the root process is successful. You can also download a few apps such as Root Checker, Root Explorer to check the root
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0 Nougat. To install TWRP recovery for your Qualcomm Galaxy S7, you can follow this post.
If you have any trouble, let’s know in the comment below. Keeping following techzai.com to know more tips & tricks.