In recent days, many Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro users might have been crying as the touchscreen of their beloved device was not responding after they had updated their phone to the Android 8.1 Oreo version. If you are using a Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro and facing the same issue, then this post will share a solution for you. You will not have to spend hundreds of dollars fixing hardware on your device. This issue can be fixed just by flashing the software. Don’t waste the time anymore, let’s start fixing Touchscreen not responding on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro (J730G/GM).
To fix this problem, you must meet some requirements first:
- You need to prepare a microSD card to copy the required file into it
- As your touchscreen is not responding, so you need to prepare a USB OTG and a mouse to control your phone.
- To flash the file, you need to install TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Samsung USB drivers
- Odin v3.13.1 version
- TWRP recovery 3.2.1-1_j730gm_16318
- ROM Fix: J730G_J730GM_Fix_Touch.zip (1,1GB)
Now, let’s start to fix touchscreen not responding on your Galaxy J7 Pro. There are two ways to help you do that.
How To Fix Touchscreen Not Responding On Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
Method 1: Use TWRP recovery to flash the ROM fix
- First, copy the ROM fix into the micro SD card.
- Plug the USB OTG into your phone and connect the mouse to it and wait until you can use the mouse to control your phone
- Go to Settings > Developer Option and enable OEM Unlock
- Install Samsung USB driver on your computer and extract Odin file.
- Power your phone off and boot it into Download mode.
- Open Odin and flash TWRP recovery file (remember to uncheck Auto-reboot Option in Odin)
- Next, boot your phone