Hands-free is a pre-installed app that usually appears on Samsung Galaxy phones, especially the phones come from Sprint carrier. This mode sometimes helps us a lot in answering calls and do other actions, but it sometimes make us feel annoyed. As hands-free activation is a stock app from the carrier, so you are not able to uninstall it normally as what you do with third-party apps. If you are looking for a solution to remove Hands-free activation on your Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, then this post will help you do that.
As ‘activate hands-free mode” issue usually comes from Sprint Galaxy phones, so this method is mainly created for them. We tested it on our Sprint Galaxy Note 5 but the tool still works with other devices.
- Your Galaxy phone must come from Sprint carrier
- Keep up your phone battery at least 50%
- Back up all data of your phone to avoid unwanted issues
Let’s start disabling Hands-free activation from Galaxy devices.
Disable Hands-Free Activation On Sprint Galaxy S7
- First, download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Next, download Debloater( Link) software and install it on your phone
- On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number 7 times until you see a message “you are now a developer”
- Next, return to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging Option
- Now, open Debloater app and connect your phone to the computer
- Select Read Device Packages and browse to the SprintDM.apk line. This is the app that notifies to activate hands-free mode.
- Click on Apply and wait for the tool to notify: Finished applying application changes to devices
- Finally, simply reboot your phone and check whether the hands-free activation requires activation.
Furthermore, with Debloater, you can also remove a few apps from Sprint carriers such as Activation.apk, ID.apk, SprintAndroidExtension.apk, SprintSyncMLSvc.apk, Vowifi.apk, Wificalling.apk, MobileInstaller.apk, ANTPlusPlugins.apk, ANDRadioService.apk, and others.
That’s how to disable hands-free activation on your Samsung Galaxy S7. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.