The new Xiaomi A1 smartphone comes with almost similarities to the Xiaomi Mi 5X from hardware as well as the specs. But there is only a difference in terms of software running on both these phones. The Mi 5X runs on MIUI 9 version with a hundred of customizations while the A1 is the stock Google Android 7.1.2 version. But the stock version Android 7.1.2 on the A1 can now be ported successfully on the Mi 5X with the full feature workings. So, if those of you are having a Xiaomi Mi 5X and want to experiment this new ported ROM, here is step-by-step guide to do this.
But before flashing the ported ROM, you need to meet some requirements first
- Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader of your Mi 5X
- A custom recovery such as TWRP is required to flash the ported ROM.
- Make a full backup for your important data through Google drive or Dropbox
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 40% to avoid unexpected issues.
Once done, follow these below steps to install the ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 5X
Steps To Install Ported Xiaomi A1 ROM For Xiaomi Mi 5X
- First, download this ported Rom and then save it to the desktop of your computer.
- Once done, transfer the ROM into the internal storage of your Mi 5X
- Power off your phone and then reboot it into the recovery
- Here, make three wipes including: data, dalvik cache, cache
- Now, tap on Install option and load the ROM file from your internal storage.
- Wait for the process to complete and once done, you will be prompted to reboot your phone. Simply tap on it.
That’s all! You have now successfully installed this ported ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5X. Now, simply enjoy the smoothness of stock Android 7.1.2 on your device.