Your Zenfone 5 has not received the official update of Android 7 Nougat from Asus anymore. It is a pity for Asus Zenfone 5 users, but that does not mean you cannot get the latest Android version of your device. There are still third party custom ROMs to help your wish become true. Although it is not an unofficial ROM, you can use it smoothly for daily usage with full features of Android 7.1.2. Therefore, if you own a Zenfone 5 and wish to update your device to a higher Android version, a custom Android 7.1.2 ROM is now available for you. In this post, we’ll show you full step by step guide to install this custom Android 7.1.2 ROM on your Asus Zenfone 5.
How to get Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Asus Zenfone 5
Before flashing the custom rom, here are some points you need to pay attention:
- This is not an official Nougat update for Zenfone 5.
- Due to a Custom rom, so there are some chances of small bugs.
- Make a full backup of all your data via Google account, Dropbox or anything.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- You should already installed the TWRP custom recovery on your handset.
- You have a Windows PC and ADB and fasboot drivers installed
- Charge your smartphone’s battery to at least 50% to avoid unexpected issue
- You need a stable internet connection to download the custom rom
- There are chances of bricking your device while flashing the custom ROM , so ensure you do everything at your own risk.
You may also like: Galaxy S8 Plus Dream UX ROM For Samsung Galaxy S5
Now, are you ready to update Android 7.1.2 for you Zenfone 5?
- First download the Custom Android 7.1.2 Nougat as well as Gapps file for Asus Zenfone 5
- Once done, plug your Asus Zenfone 5 into your computer using a USB cable. After that, copy Rom and Gapps files into the SD card of your device.
- Power off your device, and boot into custom recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time
- Now in the custom recovery, tap on Advanced Wipe, tick all the lines except SD card.
- Return to recovery and start flashing the ROM and the Gapps file. Once the process is complete, reboot your device.
Now wait for 15 minutes so that your device can boot into the welcome screen. That’s all! You have successfully updated your Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. In case you have any issue, let’s know in the comment below.