Dear all Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge users! Any of you here are using the SCV33 or SC02H S7 Edge model? Is your phone locked to a carrier network? If the answer is yes, then I have a new interesting thing for you. This post today would like to share with you a completely new Android 8.0 unlocked ROM for your SCV33/SC02H Galaxy S7 Edge. No matter Docomo/Au carrier is your phone locked, you can easily unlock your phone just by flashing this custom ROM.
However, before installing this new custom ROM, you have to meet some requirements first if you want to flash the ROM.
- Back up all your data first as flashing ROM will wipe your device
- A TWRP recovery is required to flash this Android 8.0 unlocked ROM
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to avoid unwanted issues.
You must not flash this ROM on other models as it can end up bricking your device.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy S7 Edge SCV33& SC02H (Optional)
- Download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
- Download and extract Odin v3.13.1
- Download TWRP 3.1.0 recovery for your SCV33/SC02H Galaxy S7 Edge. (Rename it into .tar)
- On your phone, head to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking
- Download and copy this file into your internal storage: Disable_dm-verity_opt-encrypt_GalaxyS7.zip
- Next, switch it off and boot it into Download Mode. To do so, press & hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons altogether. When you see a blue warning screen, just press Volume Up
- Connect your phone to the computer, open Odin and click on AP box and browse to the TWRP recovery file
- Uncheck Auto reboot option and click on Start. Wait for the process to complete.
Press all hard physical buttons on your S7 Edge to exit Download Mode. When you see the bootup screen, quickly press & hold Power + Home +Volume Up buttons to boot into TWRP recovery. From there, tap on Install and flash the Disable_dm-verity_opt-encrypt_GalaxyS7.zip to avoid bootloop issue.