As you know, all Samsung Galaxy models from the Japanese AU carrier are locked to that carrier network and you will only be able to use the SIM card of the AU KDDI carrier. If you want to use the Sim of other carriers, the first thing you need to do is unlocking your AU Galaxy S8 phone first. However, the AU carrier does not currently provide the code to unlock the Galaxy S8. So, you cannot purchase code from the carrier.
If you are getting a headache about finding a way to unlock your AU Galaxy S8, then we are here to help you. There is a completely new way to unlock your Au Galaxy S8. It’s very easy & simple. All you need is flashing the ROM of the Docomo Samsung Galaxy S8 (SC02J) on your phone.
We’ve already tested the ROM carefully, so you can comfortably flash the Rom to unlock your AU Galaxy S8 without any trouble. The ROM supports full languages and while there are some existing apps from the Docomo carrier, you can easily remove them.
Before unlocking your AU Galaxy S8, you should ensure something first:
- Back up all your important data to avoid something wrong
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50% to get rid of the unwanted issues.
- We will not take responsibility if you have any issues with your device such as data loss or warranty loss
- Download and install Samsung USB driver on your computer
Now let’s start with unlocking your AU Samsung Galaxy S8 by flashing the Docomo S8 ROM.
How To Unlock Samsung Galaxy S8 (SCV36) AU
- First of all, you need to download the required files
- On your phone, go to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging options
- Now, boot your AU S8 into download mode by powering off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ + ‘Power’ + ‘Bixby’ buttons at the same time. Then press ‘Volume Up’ button when there is a message on the screen.
- Plug your S8 into the computer using a USB cable and open Odin app.
- The button-left corner of the app will display ID:COM with blue color, which means the connection is successful.
- Extract the ROM file and continuously choose the files
Add BL_xxx file to BL box
Add AP_xxx file to AP box
Add CP_xxx file to CP box
Add CSC_xxx file to CSC box
If it includes the Pit file, click on Pit tab and choose the *.pit
- Check on the “Auto-reboot” option and then press the “Start” button. The process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait until your AU Galaxy S8 to reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked your AU Galaxy S8 with just a few simple steps by flashing the stock Docomo S8 ROM. If you are asked to enter the code, simply enter 00000000 (eight 0), but it usually does not require you.