Dear Redmi Note 5 Pro! Unlocking bootloader on the phone is never easy, but the does not mean it’s impossible. If you are finding solutions to unlock bootloader your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, then this post will help you do this.
Note: Before getting started, remember to back up all data on your phone to avoid unexpected issues. You can take advantage of the backup feature on your phone.
Now, let’s start unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi Remi Note 5 Pro.
How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
First of all, you need to unlock your Mi account if you have not yet. To do so:
- Visit this link: http://en.miui.com/unlock/. From there, you can get your unlock permission from the Mi account you are using. I recommend you to use your mobile number than an email ID based on the account.
- When you receive a form, simply fill in all your details. Here, you will have to note the reason why you want to unlock bootloader of your phone. Try to be as original as possible. Otherwise, your application might be denied by them.
- After you submit the application (a few hours or days), you will receive a message, informing that your account is ready for unlocking.
Download MiFlash Tool
- Visit the same link above, http://en.miui.com/unlock/, but this time, you will be given a link to download the MiFlash Tool.
- Download the file and extract it
- Now, you need to install Mi drivers. Right-click on the file and run it as Administrator.
Enable Developer Option & OEM Unlock
- On your Redmi Note 5 pro, go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times on MIUI version until you see a message “ you are now a developer”
- Now, access it by returning to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Next, sign in your MIUI account that matches with the same one you registered for unlocking. Also, insert the SIM card of the number that you’ve made MIUI ID with.
- Now, enable OEM Unlock option
- Go to Device Unlock Status and select Add account& device
Also read: Pixel Android 8.1 ROM For Xiaomi Devices
- On your computer, run MiFlash tool with the administrator.
- Enter your Mi account, and then the tool will then check if you have a permission to unlock bootloader your Redmi Note 5 Pro. If everything is fine, there will be instructions to boot your device into fastboot mode. Press Volume Down + Power buttons until your phone boots into the fastboot screen.
- MiFlash tool will ask your permission, grant them and you are nearly done. Wait for about 5 minutes so that t