Xiaomi officially started selling its latest flagship, Mi 6. Xiaomi Mi 6 owns top specs and excellent performance upgrades over its predecessor. The device also features a 5.1-inch Full HD display and 6 GB RAM, which ensure the smooth and multi tasks. Moreover, it is powered by the Snapdragon 835 SoC, which is the latest and most powerful chipset currently from Qualcomm. We’re sure many of you already got one for yourself. However, Android is an opening resource, so customizing the device will be easier and makes your device more interesting. You also want to make some things with your Mi 6, but the first thing you need to do is unlocking bootloader of your device.
Once you unlock the bootloader, your device can flash custom recovery and install root or tweak the system as your hobby. There will be a lot of custom ROMs for Xiaomi Mi 6 but to install them, you need first to unlock the bootloader. Therefore, in this tutorial, we’ll instruct you to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 6 by using the official Mi Flash Unlock tool.
However, before starting the process, you need to meet some certain requirements:
- Backup all your important data as unlocking the bootloader will delete all data in the internal storage.
- You should download and install the mi driver on your computer.
Now, let’s follow the tutorial below to unlock your Xiaomi Mi 6 bootloader.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 6
Here is the step-by-step guide to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 6. You should read and understand all steps before actually performing it on your Xiaomi Mi 6 phone.
- First download Mi Flash_Unlock-1.1.1111.11231.zip
- Extract the folder on your computer and launch the exe file
- Create a Mi account if you don’t have.
- Now, login with your Mi account.
- You will see the unlock process on your phone and receive the message “You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device”.
- Click on “Go” button or visit here to get the unlock permission.
- Now you click on “Unlock Now” button and enter your Mi account.
- Wait until you get an one-time password (OTP) on your phone. It may take up a few hours to get a SMS message including the OTP
- Now re open the MI Flash Tool and you’ll have the permission to unlock your Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Unlock your Xiaomi Mi 6 by clicking on the unlock tool.
Congratulation! the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 6 is now successfully unlocked. You can now flash a custom recovery like TWRP and install any custom ROMs on your phone.