Xiaomi Mi 6 has got flash sales quickly after the launch of the company’s latest flagship. It’s no longer after its release, the unofficial TWRP custom recovery is now available for Mi 6. This build was created by an XDA Senior Member and carries on the 220.127.116.11 version. The custom recovery is a great utility to help you hack an app or game, install a custom ROM, or customize your Mi 6. The Xiaomi stock recovery only gives you a small access to the system, but the TWRP recovery is now a different thing. So don’t hesitate for looking for custom recovery for your Mi 6 from other sites, let me show you how to easily install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphone.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
However, before starting, there are some things you should meet some requirements
- First, back up all your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > About phone, and tap 7 times on the “Build Number” section. Now you are now a developer, back to the Settings and tap on “Developer Options” in Additional Settings and enable “USB Debugging” option.
- Next, you install the Xiaomi drivers as well as ADB drivers on your computer
- Charge your Mi 6 to at least 50% before the process to avoid unwanted issues.
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi 6 model, so you should not try it on other smartphones.
Once done, let’s start the process!
- First, download the TWRP recovery file from here
- Then connect your Mi6 to computer and unlock bootloader your device. You can find it from here.
- Once your device has successfully unlocked bootloader, reboot Mi6 into fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Power+ Volume Down keys for 30 seconds
- Now, go to the ADB folder, press and hold the Shift key while right clicking on any blank space and select Open command window here
- Now, you enter: fastboot flash recovery twrp-18.104.22.168-sagit-v2.img and then press enter to flash recovery on your phone
- Once done, boot your device into the custom recovery by pressing the Volume Up + Power buttons at a same time, and then make a wipe -> format data to decrypt your device.
- Finally, reboot your Mi 6
That’s all you need to do! Now the TWRP custom recovery is ready to use on your Mi 6. In case you have any issue, let’s know in the comment section, we shall find out solutions for you.