Dear all the US Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge users! Do you want to turn your phone into the global version? Today, we’d like to bring a special great news for you. The stock global firmware based on android 8.0 Oreo can now be flashed on the US Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
We are not kidding, if you feel interested in this post, then we’ll now help your US Galaxy S7/S7 Edge to update to Android 8.0 Oreo as a global version. Let’s see!
- Sprint Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
- T-Mobile Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
- AT&T Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
- Verizon Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Full Languages Supported
- Directly flash through Odin, from any level
- No Knox trip (0x0)
- No Lag
- Stable, OTA update normally
- Add quick toggling on/off cellular data
- Global phone dial
- Allow adjusting LTE/3G/2G, 3G/2G, 3G, 2G
Warning before flashing the ROM
- For Sprint version, if you have updated your phone to the patch level 5/ 6, you cannot flash this global firmware. For lower version, it’s not the problem.
- You must use Odin in this post. If not, there will be an error
- Exit all Google Accounts and Samsung Accounts on your phone before flashing the ROM
- This is the global Android 8.0 firmware, so you don’t have to adjust anything.
Also read: Global Android 8.0 ROM For Korean Galaxy S7
How To Flash Stock Global 8.0 For Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge
Step 1: Download the required files:
- Download and install Samsung USB driver
- Download and extract Odin modified v3.13.1
- Global firmware for Galaxy S7: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fQI9eY4pnn0mh_UjSQWaIPSHKmfU48Iu/view?usp=sharing
- Global firmware for Galaxy S7 Edge: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10vQKTKfuE_jH3eFX-7SQwnJUzNEcqlRH/view?usp=sharing
Pass unrar: 01246955555 (thanks to AZ mobile)
Step 2: Enable OEM Unlock on your phone
- On your phone, go to Settings > About phone and tap on Build Number 7 times until you see a message that you are now a developer
- Return to Settings > Developer Options and turn on OEM Unlock option
- Remember to exit all accounts on your phone again
Step 3: Flash Global firmware using Odin
- Open Odin.exe file with Administrator
- Power your phone off. Press & hold Power + Home + Volume Down When you see a blue warning screen, press Volume Up button.
- Connect your phone to the computer
In Odin, click on BL and browse to BL_….tar file in the extracted firmware folder. Do the same with AP_… CP_… and CSC_… as the image below.
- Click on Start button and wait for the process to complete.
That’s done! Your US Galaxy S7/S7 Edge has officially updated to the global Android 8.0 firmware. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.