If you have an LG G6 smartphone and want to unlock bootloader for installing the custom recovery, kernels, or the root….you simply follow a perfect step-by-step guide in this post in order to immediately unlock the bootloader on your G6. However, you must read the steps carefully before starting the unlocking bootloader process. Any mistake you create during the process is your sole responsibility.
- This guide is only meant for T-Mobile LG G6 (H872 model)
- Your computer needs to be pre-installed the LG USB Drivers before beginning with the procedure. In case of you have not yet to install them, you can grab them from the official LG website.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in Settings > Developer Options.
- Make a full backup of your important as the unlocking process will vanish all your data
- Download and install ADB and fastboot driver on your computer from here
- Keep your phone has at least 50-60% battery charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in the process.
Once all requirements are satisfied, you need to follow the instructions below:
How to Unlock Bootloader on T-Mobile LG G6
- First, plug the device to your PC via a USB cable and allow “Always allow from this computer” on your device screen. After that, unplug the cable.
- Next, power off your handset and boot it into the fasboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys for 5 seconds. Once you see the bootloader screen, connect your device to computer, and select fasbot mode if available.
- If not, go to the Android SDK folder and open command prompt (cmd) and type in: “adb reboot bootloader” and then “fastboot devices” to check if your G6 is already in the fasboot mode
- Now, it’s time to unlock bootloader of your device. In cmd, enter: “fastboot oem unlock”
- After that, it should unlock to verify type:
fastboot getvar unlocked
- You will be prompted to say yes or no!
- Now, simply type in “fastboot reboot” to reboot your LG G6. It will take some minutes for your phone to boot in the first time.
That’s all about unlocking bootloader of your T-Mobile LG G6 without any secure boot errors or other problems. In case you have any doubts, let’s know in the comment below.