Hello all Samsung Galaxy S5 users! Have you ever thought about experiencing all great features on Galaxy S8 Plus on your S5? The good news is that all features and Dream UX layout have already ported for your handset. If you feel interested with the new custom ROM and want to get the whole features of the Galaxy S8 Plus, we’re now here to help you. This new ported ROM is based on the latest stock firmware of the Galaxy C9 Pro running on Android 7.0 Nougat OS as well as all the latest S8 apps.
Before starting the installation, you should note some pre-requirements. First, you must have your S5 already installed the custom recovery. In addition, you should make a full backup of important data as it will be formatted during the update. Besides, you should enable the USB debugging option in Settings> Developer Option before the update as well. Among other essential requirements, keep at least 50% battery left to avoid the unexpected shutdown during flashing the Dream UX ROM.
This Rom is only for Galaxy S5, so flashing it on other devices will make it bricked. We will not take responsibility, so only update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
- SCL23 (Japan)
- SC-04 (Japan)
Now let’s see how to flash custom S8 Plus ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Steps to Flash S8 Plus Dream UX ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
- First, download the Custom ROM for your Galaxy S5 from here
- After that, plug your Galaxy S5 to your computer and then transfer the Custom ROM to the SD card of your device.
- Now, power off your handset, unplug the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode by holding and pressing its Home, Volume up and Power button at a same time, then press the Volume Down button after you see a warning message
- In Recovery mode, tap Wipe and select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” to wipe data and clear cache to avoid bugs later.
- Then select the option “Install ” and select the ROM file that you moved to your SD card.
- Now swipe to install it on your S5 smartphone and wait the file is flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Once the process is complete, go back to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”.
Congratulation! Wait for your device reboots and you can experience all features of Galaxy S8 Plus on your Samsung Galaxy S5. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment below, we shall find out some solutions for you.