After updating to Android 8.0 Oreo version, due to the new security policy of Samsung, the OEM unlock section in Developer Option will be hidden on the duo Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus and only appear again after 7 days ( or update newer version through Odin & OTA.) When OEM section is hidden, the advanced users are not able to flash the custom recovery or install the mod files. After 7 days, OEM will come back and you can then start building your S8/ S8 Plus. This post today will show you how to root your Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus running Android 8.0 Oreo.
Download Required Files
- Fie No-verity-opt-encrypt
- Fix OEM Unlock ( Thanks to @Black_Mesa XDA Developer)
- Super SU-SR5
- File TWRP (Custom recovery) V3.2.1-0
For Galaxy S8 G950FD:
For Galaxy S8+ G955FD:
How To Root Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus Running Android 8.0
- Copy three first downloaded files into the SD card of your phone
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and turn OEM Unlock on
- Reboot your S8/ S8 Plus and boot it into the Odin mode by pressing Power + Bixby + Volume Down buttons
- Install Samsung USB driver & extract and run Odin on your computer
- Connect your device to the computer
- Click on AP button & choose TWRP recovery file. Before clicking on Start to flash it, uncheck the Auto-reboot option
- Once done, boot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing Power + Bixby + Volume Up buttons
- From there, make three wipes, and format data
- Now, flash Super SU and No-verity-opt-encrypt files
- Once done, continue to flash “Fix OEM Unlock” file.
Finally, reboot your phone and enjoy the result. If you have any difficulty, let’s know in the comment below.