Great news for all LG G5 Sprint LS992 users! Can you believe that you can now remove the SIM lock on your device without having to pay any fee? It’s not a joke. You can now remove the SIM card lock on your G5 Sprint. Read through step by step guide in this post in order to unlock the carrier on your LG G5 LS992.
However, before removing the SIM card lock on your G5 Sprint, you need to meet some requirements:
- A Windows Computer is necessary to download the file
- Install the LG G5 driver on your computer for the easier connection
- Your LG G5 Sprint must be running on Android 7.0 Nougat
- A USB Type C cable for the connection
- One SIM card of other carriers for the unlock test.
- Back up all of your important data in case there is something wrong happens
Now, let’s see how to remove the SIM lock on your LG G5 Sprint
Steps To Unlock LG G5 Android 7.0
- First, you download the unlock apk file from here onto your computer
- Next, plug your device into the computer and copy the unlock file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now, tap on the file to install it. If the installation is blocked, go to Fingerprint and Security, and enable the Unknown Sources. After that, you get back and install the file.
- Once the installation is complete, open the app, scroll down, find and tap on IOT(CDG2)
- In addition, continue tapping on LTE Settings > Operation Mode > Lab Network.
- Finally, your G5 Sprint will reboot. While it is booting up, insert the SIM card of other carriers and then check the result. You’ll see that your device has signals of the new SIM card, which means your G5 Sprint has been successfully removed the SIM lock.
Also read: Steps to Unlock Bootloader on LG G6
That’s all the steps you have to do! Now you can use any SIM card you like on your LG G5 Spring LS992 without worrying any issue. However, in case you have some troubles, let’s know in the comment below, we’ll find out solutions for you.