Dear all Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9 users! Although the Android Pie beta update is already available for your device, and even the early official Android 9.0 update is also being rolled out to your Galaxy phone, there are still many bugs and unexpected issues on this new update. So, whether you’d like to try a nearly pure stock Android 9.0 version on your phone? Once your device runs on a stock Android build, it will very fast and especially, it will take lesser resource on your Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9. Should you want to give it a try while waiting for the stable Android Pie update from Samsung, then this post today would like to introduce to all Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9 the Pixel ROM V3 Update based on Android 9.0 version.
- Galaxy S9 : G960F/ G960FD/ G960S/ G960N
- Galaxy S9 Plus : G965F/ G965FD/ G965S/ G965N
- Galaxy Note 9 : N960F/ N960FD/ N960S/ N960N
Before getting started, you should prepare some things first so that the process can be successful.
- Install a TWRP 3-2-3 recovery to flash the ROM.
- Back up all your important data as the process will erase everything from your phone internal storage.
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to start the process
How to Install TWRP 3-2-3 Recovery for Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9
- Download TWRP recovery for your phone:
You need to download TWRP 3-2-3.tar file. If you have already installed an older TWRP version on your phone, you can download TWRP 3-2-3.img files and then update it through TWRP recovery by heading to Install > Install img