Any of you here are using a Xiaomi smartphone? If yes, do you feel bored with the MIUI interface on your device and want to experience the smoothness of stock Android on your phone? This post today will share with you the custom Rom based on the stock Android 8.1 Rom currently running on Google Pixel devices. If you are interested this new ROM, keep reading this post to install the ROM.
Pros & Cons of this ROM
- Smooth, stable, OTA update without any trouble
- Full features of Android 8.1 version such as picture in picture, smart copy/paste, group notification…
- Face Unlock, Unlimited Google Drive store.
- Not Good Stock camera nut you can download Gcam app for the replacement.
- Create a backup of all your important data
- Unlock bootloader of your Xiaomi device first by using MiTool Flash
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi phone
- Charge your phone battery to at least 50% to avoid unexpected issues during ROM installation.
- ROM already includes Gapps, so you don’t have to download the Android 8.1 Gapps anymore.
Download Rom For Supported Devices:
- Mi 5 (gemini)
- Mi 6 (sagit)
- Redmi 3 (ido)
- Redmi 3S/3X (land)
- Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo)
- Redmi 4/4X (santoni)
- Redmi Note 4/4X (mido)
How To Install Pixel Android 8.1 ROM On Xiaomi Devices
- Download and then copy the ROM file into the internal storage of your phone. Download the exact version for your phone.
- Power your phone off and boot it into the TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Vol Up
- Once you are in this mode, tap on Advance Wipe and choose to wipe /data, /system, /cache.
- Return to recovery menu, tap on Install and flash the ROM. Wait for the process to complete. Once done, reboot your phone and enjoy.
Some Things You Should Note
- After booting up, if your phone requires the Google password, you need to access TWRP recovery, wipe data and copy the ROM file into your phone and flash it again.
- If there are some issues, such as the error 7, you have to first update your device to the MIUI 9.2 The lower MIUI version will cause the errors when flashing the Pixel Android 8.1 ROM.