Hello all HTC One M7 users! Do you want to experience the MIUI ROM on Xiaomu devices on your HTC. If yes, we now have a completely new ROM for you. This ROM brings all the latest features of MIUI V8 and is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Here is the step-by-step guide to flash this MIUI V8 ROM on your HTC One M7
However, before starting the process, there are some things you should take note:
- Back up all of important data on your device as the process will format the internal storage.
- Download and install the HTC One drover on your computer from here
- Charge your device to at least 60% to avoid unexpected issue during the update
- Enable the USB Debugging option in Settings> Developer Option. To activate the Developer option mode, go to Settings> About Phone and tap 7 times on Build Number until you see a message saying that “you are now a developer”.
- Your device must have already install the TWRP custom recovery version 3.0.2
To install the custom recovery, here is how to do it:
- First of all, download and install Android SDK and ensure the ADB and fastboot is installed your computer.
- Plug your HTC One M7 to the computer.
- Now download twrp 3.0.2 image. Once done, rename it into recovery.img and put it in the Android-SDK-windows\platform-tools folder
- Now go to that folder and open Command Prompt by holding the Shift key while right clicking on any blank space and choose Open Command Prompt here.
- In the cmd, type adb reboot bootloader to boot your M7 into the fasbooot mode
- Your M7 will now automatically boot into the fastboot mode.
- Now enter fastboot flash recovery.img to flash the twrp recovery on your device.
- Finally, Unplug the USB cable and boot your handset into twrp recovery mode using pressing Power+ Volume Down+ Volume Up.
Your HTC One M7 is now ready to flash the MIUI V8 ROM.
Steps to Flash the MIUI V8 ROM on HTC One M7
- First of all, download the MIUI V8 ROM file for your HTC One M7.
- Next, transfer the ROM into the internal storage of your handset, and not to put them in any folder. After that, switch off your device and then boot your device into custom recovery mode.
- Then, make three wipes: Dalvik, Cache, System & Data
- Then, load the firmware by selecting “Install” and flash the ROM file.
- Once the installation is complete, tap on “Reboot” to restart your device. For the first time booting up, it will take you 15-20 minutes.
That’s all you need to do! Now your HTC One M7 has been successfully flashed the MIUI ROM. Enjoy the new features on your device and share with us in the comment below.