Google has recently refreshed Pixel lineup with the release of Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL devices. Compared to the Pixel 2 lineup, the new ones sport larger displays, more powerful processor and improved camera. Pixel is a desirable phone since it always receives the best developer support. This is evident by the TWRP 3.2.3 official build coming within a month of Pixel 3 release. So, in this post, we’d like to highlight complete steps so that Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL users can easily install TWRP 3.2.3 recovery on their phone.
Download Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL USB Drivers
First of all, you need to install Google USB driver to connect your Android phone with the computer more easily. You can download the latest Google USB driver from here:
TWRP 3-2-3 Recovery For Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL
Here is the complete guide to installing TWRP 3-2-3 recovery on your Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL. However, before getting started, you should meet some requirements first.
- Make sure you have already unlocked bootloader of your Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL.
- On your phone, go to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times until you successfully activate Developer Options
- Return to Settings>Developer Options and enable USB Debugging option.
- Backup all the data on your phone since installing TWRP recovery will ease them all.
- Keep your phone battery at least 50% to make sure your phone will not shut down during the procedure.
Once you have fulfilled all the requirements above, now proceed to the tutorial.
- First, download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and then install it on your computer. You can also set it up by downloading platform-tools. If not, simply install fastboot/ADB package regarding your computer OS:
Windows OS: Download platform-tools-windows-latest.zip
Linux OS: Download platform-tools-linux-latest.zip
- Now, download both the img and the zip files of TWRP 3-2-3 recovery.
Pixel 3: https://dl.twrp.me/blueline/
Pixel 3 XL: https://dl.twrp.me/crosshatch/
- Copy both