Dear all OnePlus 2 users! If you feel bored with Oxygen stock Android OS on your device, we now have a new completely ROM for you. That’s Lineage OS ROM based on stock Android 7.1.1 version. So, if you would like to test this powered Rom by yourself and enjoy all the features, apps and capabilities of Android 7.1.1, then you should follow this given update guide here.
But before installing to the ROM update, you need to root your OnePlus 2 as well as install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). In addition, you should create a full backup of your important data. Moreover, make sure to keep at least 50% power backup to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked or bugs.
The new Android 7.1.1 ROM update is only for the OnePlus 2, so you should not use it on any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we shall never take responsibility for any issue or bug during the update.
Steps to Install Android 7.1.1 ROM on OnePlus 2
- First you should download the Custom ROM and then the Gapps file for your OnePlus 2.
- After that, you turn on USB Debugging option in Settings> Developer Options on your device.
- Next, connect your OnePlus 2 to your computer and transfer two downloaded files to the internal storage of your handset.
- Then switch off your device, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode by holding and pressing the Power and the Volume Down buttons for 10 seconds.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, make a clear data and cache by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then selecting “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your OnePlus 2. To start installation, tap on the “Install” and select the Custom ROM file.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait until it’s complete.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps files on your OnePlus 2.
- Once the installation is successful, select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you should do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your OnePlus 2 will boot up without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your handset to experience the Android 7.1.1 ROM. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know in the comment section. We shall find out a solution to your issues.