Dear all LG G6 users! Any of you here are using a US carrier LG G6 variant such as AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint. If yes, this post today will help you to flash the global ROM of LG G6 on the US carrier models. If you are using a carrier LG G6, you will see that there are a bunch of trash apps from that carrier as well as other inconveniences that you might have to face. But you can now easily get rid of all of such issues and use your carrier LG G6 as a global version. Keep following this post to do it yourself.
For those who are using Sprint LG G6, after flashing the Global version, there might be a few bugs on your device.
- Sometimes your device can lose 4G/LTE signals
- Your Sprint device will be locked if hard reset by the hard buttons. So you should keep in mind this
- Non-FM Radio
- Use the stock message app of Google
The process will format all data on your device, so you should make a backup first to avoid unexpected issues.
- Download LG UP file to flash the Global ROM from here
- Get the latest KDZ file for H873, LS993 & H8371 from https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-h873-firmwares/
Once you meet the requirements, let’s start flashing global ROM on your carrier LG G6.
Also read: How To Unlock SIM Of Sprint LG G6 & LG V20
How To Flash Global ROM On US LG G6
- First, extract the downloaded LG UP file onto your computer
- Install the 2.0.exe driver in the LG UP folder.
- Copy the KDZ file into the patch: C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP
- Plug your phone into the computer and choose the file transfer mode
- Run LG UP.exe as an administrator. Choose the Patition DL mode in LG UP as the image below
6. Go to the folder containing the KDZ file and click on Start
7. When the Partition list appears, tick on all options (click all) in the popup window