Dear all the Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus users! We previously wrote a post about flashing Global for US Galaxy S8/S8 Plus/ Note 8 phones. Do you want your phone to become a global version without the appearance of carrier’s stock apps, bootup logo and others? This post today will help you remove all these annoyances with the Global stock ROM for your US Galaxy S9/S9 Plus devices. Here are steps to install Global ROM on your carrier Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus.
- AT&T Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus
- Verizon Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus
- T-Mobile Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus
- Sprint Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus
- Full languages supported
- No Knox trip (0x0)
- Samsung logo bootup
- Remove all carrier’s apps.
- Add official kernel
- No lag or bugs
- Add quick toggle icon 2G/3G/4G, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Stable, fully OTA support
- Back up all your important data on your device before flashing the stock ROM
- Download and install Samsung USB driver and Odin v 3.13.1 on your computer. Odin modified for those who get the FAIL! SHA256 is invalid
- Keep your phone’s battery at least 50% to avoid unwanted issues
Once done, let’s start on how to flash the Global stock ROM on the US Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus phones.
Steps To Install Global ROM for US Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus
- First, download the stock global ROM for S9/ S9 Plus:
- G960U1UEU1ARBG_G960U1OYM1ARBG_XAA_FULL_8.0.zip (3.4G)
Galaxy S9 Plus:
- G965U1UEU1ARBG_G965U1OYM1ARBG_XAA_FULL_8.0.zip (3.5G)
- Once done, extract the file ROM file using Winrar (or 7zip)
- Rename the CSC file from .tar.md5 into .tar
- Launch Odin.exe and power off your phone
- Boot your Galaxy S9/S9 Plus into the Odin mode by pressing and holding the Bixby + Volume Down+ Power buttons together. Then you see a warning, press the Volume Up
- Connect your device to the computer and wait for Odin to detach your phone
- Select the parts of ROM continuously that is compatible with Odin’s boxes: BL, AP, CP, CSC (don’t select the Home file).
- Wait for a few seconds and then click on Start.
- Once done, unplug the cable and reboot your device.
That’s all you have to do. You have successfully turned your carrier Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus into the global version. Your device can now update through OTA without any issue. If you have any trouble, let’s know in the comment below.